ExelixisNet is attending the global, and principal 2014 Packet Microwave event, Layer123′s Packet Microwave & Mobile Backhaul. The event will take place in heart of the German mobile industry, Düsseldorf, 23-25 September 2014.
We are participating in the biggest microwave industry event as Analyst Partner, sharing expertise and insights on Small Cell evolution and development. We are actively participating to the industry’s top analysts’ forum since Layer123′s Packet Microwave & Mobile Backhaul is firmly established as Europe’s premier knowledge exchange for senior professionals responsible for determining operators’ strategic planning and procurement decisions in important areas.
Elias Aravantinos, Director of Research, ExelixisNet, is serving as the Afternoon Chair during the Conference’s 2nd Day, in the session “SDN & FRONTHAUL – INNOVATIVE NEW ARCHITECTURES FOR NEXT GENERATION MOBILE NETWORKS”. He is planning to set the stage for CCS and MTN Nigeria sharing Small Cell market insights and trends based on his latest Small Cell Research Report but also engage and coordinate the panelists asking the right questions. The Self Organizing (SON) feature is necessary to Scalable Small Cell Systems success and moreover to the Self Optimizing Networks. The potential of Big Data Automation and its role will be also described as an added value feature to a full 4G System SON.
What are the latest Small Cell news based on the participating sponsors/vendors?
- Huawei’s RTN360 60 GHz microwave product is a great fit to small cell backhaul opportunities as it is designed to support street-level environments, quick installation and zero-touch configuration. But also the LampSite system of small cell devices to improve indoor mobile phone coverage.
- Nokia Networks is ready for the expansion of its small cell portfolio with the Flexi Zone G2 Pico, as well as a 3-D geolocation enhanced indoor planning service. Specifically it introduces a 3.5GHz TD-LTE Small Cell device with 4×4 MIMO for advanced LTE markets.
- Alcatel-Lucent accelerates its breakthrough product, a new Enterprise Small Cell device at the beginning of 2015. In collaboration with Qualcomm, Alcatel-Lucent is developing a small cell solution that will allow operators to extend superior 3G, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity and coverage into the office or home for in-building customers.
- NEC offers the all-outdoor radio (AOR), iPASOLINK SX / iPASOLINK EX, all-in-one design PASOLINK Packet Microwave backhaul node(s) interwork with the all-in-one Small Cell eNodeB. In addition many operators are using NEC femtocell technology to help residential customers boost their home mobile reception.
- Finally, Intracom Telecom, the event’s silver sponsor, in addition to Small Cell Solution, Street Node, plans to discuss the Software Defined Radios evolution, and specifically how to overcome hurdles from additional complexity in network topologies (PTP and PTMP) using common hardware platform and optimizing wireless network investment.
Also, Ericsson although is not among the event’s sponsors has recently introduced Small Cell product, RBS 6402, with carrier aggregation at 300Mbps LTE speeds.
- Summary of our latest reports
- “Area-licensed microwave spectrum for LOS usage”
- “Small Cell Ecosystem: Challenges and Opportunities”
- Upcoming Research
- Small Cell Regional Forecasting
- Big Data Automation and SON