1. SK Telecom is trying to be the first with a 5G service ahead of long-time rivals KT and LG Uplus, when. No. 2 carrier KT is aiming to commercialize its 5G network by 2019
2. The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) recently released the first version of the 5G standard, finally providing hardware designers and telecommunication providers details to prepare for 5G capable devices
3. Nokia has signed its first major deal to supply new 5G wireless radio base stations to Japanese telecom operator NTT DoCoMo, which boasts nearly half of the country’s mobile subscribers.
4. Turkcell has become a member of 3GPP, the most influential global organization in developing the standards in 5G, which is targeted for commercial launch in 2020.
5. Ericsson has officially unveiled a specialized 5G Radio Dot meant to enhance indoor 5G coverage, to be used in many existing commercial small cell deployments.
6. T-Mobile CTO Neville Ray, Verizon and AT&T’s “5G Hype Machine” has “shifted into overdrive,” and T-Mobile is here to set the record straight.
7. 5G in the UK: Ofcom pushing ahead with auction plans, despite Three delay to access spectrum
8. French telecoms regulator Arcep it will issue temporary frequency authorizations to develop 5G pilots in France, offering spectrum in the 3.5 GHz band (3400 – 3800 MHz) in the metropolitan areas
9. AT&T has announced spending over $40 million to improve its mobile network in a pre-5G mode, throughout the city and stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, ahead of next month’s Super Bowl
10. Samsung to Unveil a Prototype 5G Modem for Smartphones in the Second Half of 2018
11. Nokia hits agreement with Claro Colombia, 1st real time lab tests conducted, carried out on Claro’s network in 28 GHz band, hitting 5G download speeds of up to 10 Gbps
For other inquiries